HUSKER VOLLEYBALL CAMP
The safety of our campers is important to us. While we want our camp to be rewarding and fun for all participants, we expect campers to follow the expectations listed below. Parents should review these expectations with their camper(s) prior to sending him/her to camp.
Expectations for camper behavior:
• Notify camp staff as soon as any problem arises, big or small.
• Follow all instructions of camp staff whether written or verbal. Immediately ask the Head Coach or Camp Director if you are uncertain about these instructions.
• Participate in all camp activities, including meals. The Head Coach or Camp Director are the only camp staff that may excuse a camper from an activity.
• Wear clothing and shoes that are appropriate for the activity.
• Follow all camp expectations, rules and safety guidelines, as well as local, state and federal laws.
• Secure your valuables at all times. If you are staying in a residence hall, close and lock the door whenever you leave the room. Label all personal belongings, especially equipment. The Camp is not responsible for campers’ lost or stolen items.
• Follow the camp schedule, including wake-up, lights out and meal times.
Behaviors not permitted:
• Using a bicycle, scooter, inline skates, skateboard, long boards or any other similar item that the Head Coach or Camp Director designates.
• Harassing, bullying or intimidating other campers or camp staff. Physically touching another camper without his/her consent.
• Using profanity, sexually explicit or other inappropriate language, whether it is written or verbal.
• Possessing and/or distributing indecent literature or images (including those transmitted by electronic means).
• Possessing or using illegal substances, tobacco products, alcohol or medications (not previously approved by the Head Coach or Camp Director). Possessing or using fireworks, matches, lighters, weapons or any other item(s) the Head Coach or Camp Director deems dangerous.
• Allowing people not associated with the camp into a residence hall, dining facility or other camp location that is not open to the public.
• Tampering with safety, fire or security equipment in any building. Moving furniture in the residence hall or other facility. Campers must sleep in the residence hall room to which they have been assigned.
• Leaving the camp area as designated by the Head Coach or Camp Director.
• Walking between camp fields or facilities without being escorted by a member of the camp staff. Failing to follow pedestrian traffic signals or jaywalking.
• Engaging in excessive noise-making or horseplay.
• Using a cell phone or cell phone camera inappropriately during camp (the phone may be confiscated for the duration of camp).
• Taking pictures of other campers without their consent, in any location or during an activity where there is an expectation of privacy (e.g., locker room, bathroom, showers, while sleeping, when changing clothes).
• Damaging or stealing property owned by another camper, camp staff, the camp, the University of Nebraska or other person. A camper may be billed for the cost of repair or replacement.
While unacceptable conduct is not anticipated from campers, if we have reason to believe a violation of any camp rule or expectation has occurred, the camper shall be subject to immediate disciplinary action, including dismissal from camp. Refunds will not be issued to campers dismissed from camp for disciplinary reasons. We expect that parents or guardians of campers will be available (by phone) during the duration of the camp in the event the Camp Director or other camp staff need to speak with them about a camper’s behavior.